• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 to 231

POLAR_JEEP_04

NAXJA Forum User
i searched and found nothing but know there is info here somewhere... what does it take to swap a 231 from a 95 I6 auto to a 89 I6 auto that had a 242? is it bolt on? is the linkage or spline count different? is there a thead that i didnt find that would help? thanks in advanced

Spline count and length.

What's he's referring to is "stickout length" - the length of the end of the input shaft from the mounting surface (at the transfer case) or the length of the output shaft from the mounting surface (on the transmission.)

I'm not sure if it wasn't just an issue with the BA-10 to AX-15 swap, or if it applied to the AW4 all around - but you might want to check at Novak Adapters or Advance Adapters for info - I'm sure one of them has covered it (I just haven't had time to go into it in any depth yet.) Both of them can be found through a brief Googling.

Back