• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arms and shocks

obikeanddestroyo

NAXJA Forum User
my nieghbor has a lifted 99 wrangler and i have a stock 99XJ that iw ant to lift. the problem is, is that i dont have much to work with money wise. also, my neighbor is replacing his control arms and shocks ( wich were for 4 inches of lift) so my question is, would controls for 4 inches of lift on a TJ fit on about 5 inches of lift on an XJ?:dunno:

Yes... wouldn't be centered perfectly but it won't make a difference

you need to search and make sure all the lengths are correct before you cause yourself alot of headache. Find the measurements on his arms and check what you need for your lift and see if they are the same. It could work, but you need to make sure it is correct.

measure the length from eye to eye and check to see if they are the same as what you are looking for. Do not change things around in the front end unless you are certain they will work. Do it once, and do it right. I like many others here learned that due to $$ restrictions.

"Yes... wouldn't be centered perfectly but it won't make a difference"
If you don't want to look like a tool and eat your fenders it matters.

My mistake, I missed the "TJ" part of the post. I have no clue.. measure and make sure.

Back