• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seat swaps

wannajeep

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone swap in any junyard seats into the XJs? I am putting the seats out of an 87 Horizon in mine. Why? Because I had them already in exellent shape, good side support, and they lay all the way back. My factory seats are shot. All I need is 6' of channel iron to bolt them to the stock seat slides and mounts. They are the wrong color but I can live with it. I will post a pic when I get-er done next week.

I have the swap done. Man, I forgot how cushey they were. I stripped the Horizon seats to the base. I then cut four pieces of 1-1/4" channel and bolted them across the Horizon seats. Then I put them in the XJ on top of the XJ mounts and slides, marked for propper L to R placement and bolted them in. The driverside required about 1/4" lift to clear the trans hump verses the passenger side. $15 swap.

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

I had some doubts when you said they were from a Horizon, but those look nice!

I used to carpool to college with a guy who drove a Horizon. I always slept all the way to school when it was his day to drive.

Yeah, Horizons are one of the worst cars for ergoes ever made, the seats rule though. The car only had about 85k, but was rusty and didn't hold up to me wheelin it and reverse drops. I have them both in but camera died. She's plush!

Last edited:
I still can't believe how easy those mounted.

I bought some ZJ seats for my 94, same style bracket you have, looks like I can get away with the channel iron for the front or the back but not both. looks like one side will be flat stock.

I bought some really nice seats out of a 2001 S-10 Blazer. Full eight-way power plus lumbar and heat, black leather so they blend in well too. Power is wired, and I have been drawing up the mounting brackets and will be cutting and welding this weekend hopefully.

In my case being 6'-1" It works out great. the seat base is now higher than stock so the front of my legs are actually well supported now. I will test them out on the 2800 mile trip to Moab in April. :firedevil Yup, I'm drivin the old beast there and back.

Back