• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attention junkyard frequenters!

Daedalus454

NAXJA Forum User
I know some of you guys are able to hit the junkyards more frequently than I can. If you happen to come across an XJ with stock skidplates, could you either post up, or better yet, pick them up and I'll reimburse you for your time? I haven't had any luck finding them at the two JYs in Sunshine Valley that I frequent.

Sorry if this belongs in SoCal For Sale, I wasn't sure where to put it.

Gas tank and T-case, mostly, but I'd take the forward one as well.

10-4.... saw one loaded with oem goodness last weekend in wilmington(tow hooks f+r, and full skids), but i wont even speculate if it is still there... i doubt it.

i will try to keep my junkyard threads updated in the future

also... your sig says you got a 96.... yet your not gonna find any late model gear at the yards.... is it interchangeable?

Last edited:
btw, you mention 2 junkyards in sun valley? are you refering to the one with the 'artsy' junkyard creations? i think i remember a dinosaur, and an armored bus, among other old crap
if so, does that yard ever have anything good? ive been there once, and i thin k i remember it having 1 xj at the time... and it was eerie vibes, so i havent been back

if you drive to long beach, i think you'll have better luck, the ecology is usually good for some oem goodies

xcm said:
btw, you mention 2 junkyards in sun valley? are you refering to the one with the 'artsy' junkyard creations? i think i remember a dinosaur, and an armored bus, among other old crap
if so, does that yard ever have anything good? ive been there once, and i thin k i remember it having 1 xj at the time... and it was eerie vibes, so i havent been back

Yes, that's the one. I got an XJ D44 there once and they only charged me $85 or so. The last time I was there they had several XJs and I think a ZJ or two. I know what you mean about weird vibes though. Some of the cars were wrecked pretty badly, one of the XJs that I looked at had been T-boned right into the driver's door. There was a big dark stain on the headliner right above where the driver's seat used to be, and most frightening of all, several "biohazard" stickers plastered at various locations on the XJ. Needless to say I didn't pull any parts off of that one.

I may hit up that JY this weekend on the way home from HellBilly04's place and see what I can come up with (Rock Rails! Hooray! :clap: ). I also need a ZJ V8 tie rod and a few odds and ends.

To the best of my knowledge, skidplates from a '96 and older should fit my XJ, as '96 was the last year of the older style. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes '96 is the early body style.

I may have a t-case skid. I'll have to look through the pile tomorrow.

Update: I found a front skid and a T-case skid at the JY, but someone beat me to the gas tank skid. Still looking for a gas tank skid.

Back