• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Higher quality You-Tube Vids

WraithKWK

NAXJA Forum User
I found this on a older thread but the info was dated, and no longer functional .

Here is a video I stole

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-73KMTBC0Xw&feature=user

now here it is in HD so to speak

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-73KMTBC0Xw&feature=user&fmt=18

The only thing I did was add " &fmt=18 " to the end of the url.
Now i wasnt able to get this to work with all of his video's .. and i'm thinking it has something to do with the video's URL ending in different ways.

Either way I thought it was really cool and worth putting it out there for u guys. Especially since I know that I love watching your vid's

odd worked fine for me let me try the links

yep tested it took bout 5 sec to load

ok so it works on Firefox but doesnt seem to work with internet explorer for some reason. I forget that not everyone uses firefox

did some research.

Its @fmt=18 .. not &fmt=18

doing it that way, worked great.

really ok hmm lemme try it

Odd the @fmt=18 works fine but for some reason the quality is a little worse than &fmt=18 at least on my pc using firefox

yes i did lol

I was told that the &fmt=6 is the URL that the iPhone uses, and is thus the H.264 encoded version, perhaps that's old info but it does seem to play well.

Good to see you're red!

The whole thing seems to be a bit buggy, the threads I was reading were talking about area restrictions and problems with browsers. Anywho it was enough to give me a headache from all the tech talk, best i was able to make from it was that the &fmt=18 worked for more people than the 6 so i was hoping to give the info that would work for the majority

I'm to poor to own an ipod

Heh, yeah I hear you on the iPhone thing. My cheap Samsung phone works fine, thank you. My cousin has an iPhone, that's where I was getting the info from.

Works for me in Firefox, but nothing else. Thanks for the tip! Mark W was talking about this at the N. county SD M&G last Tuesday.

I wouldn't doubt it's because of an Apple thing. I'm not just saying that because I'm an "Apple Whore" as Cal would call it. They go to third party companies all the time and tell them "we want to use some of this technology in our products, only it needs to be better?"

Case in point. MacBook Air is thinnest and lightest laptop right now. How'd they do it? They went to Intel and told them "you need to make your chip smaller" so Intel did.

clicky...

still from the video

video from the video

Back