• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calling for HELP in SD

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
Dustin (01_XJ) just called me from San Diego and he's broken down at Vons by Quallcom. He has a no electrical power issue. If anyone can help him out please call him at (619) 302-3803. That is all......

Yea I just got it taken care of. Thanks John for posting this up for me. I didn't have anyone else's phone # who might know what it was.

So it turned out to be the battery only. weird. I was at my girlfriends work to pick up something, and the jeep started fine. I drove about 2 miles to Vons with no problem at all. when i went to leave I turned the kee, and the lights came on for a split second, then I lost all power. None of the lights would turn on at all at first, so I thought it may be a fuse or relay. The only thing I could see that had power was the aux. cig lighter outlet, because my phone charger is plugged in there. Then I was able to get my stereo to start to come on, but the lights on it would flash on and off every few seconds.

I ended up calling 21st century for the roadside service. It covers towing for 5 miles, and my house was only 3.7 so I was good. When he got there, we tried to jump it first, and after a couple seconds it started. I ended up driving it home,and about halfway the battery light came on. I had to keep my foot on the gas a little at the stoplights to not let the engine die, but it made it ok, and once i turned it off in the driveway, it was totally dead again.

glad u made it home

sounds like the alternator isn't pumping enough juice to run the system, much less charge it too. I'd yank that off and have autozone test it to make sure it's putting out enough voltage/amperage.

Granted it could just be a dead cell, but if that was the case, it probably wouldn't have taken a charge from a jump.

Just my $0.02

Thats a sound $0.02

SanDiegoXJ said:
sounds like the alternator isn't pumping enough juice to run the system, much less charge it too. I'd yank that off and have autozone test it to make sure it's putting out enough voltage/amperage.

Granted it could just be a dead cell, but if that was the case, it probably wouldn't have taken a charge from a jump.

Just my $0.02
it didn't even take a charge really. I started it while the jumper cables were on and took off driving. I'm assuming I was basically just running off the alternator alone. I'm gonna get the alternator tested this weekend when i have time though just in case.

Back