• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Sputtering or misfiring

chrismikolaitis

NAXJA Forum User
In the past year or two, my jeep has been possessed. About two years ago, it started running rough on me. It would act as if it had a rev limiter set on it and as I accellerated, it would get to 3500rpms and bounce like a rev limiter, it eventually got to the point where it was cutting off on me on hot days and would not start back till it cooled down. Well, that went away when I put the CPS patch harness in. Now, when I take off, the jeep will randomly sputter and sounds like a misfire, but the tach doesnt really move with it at all. It doesnt just sputter once but multiple times. If I am at a constant speed and I barely touch the throttle, it will start doing it, sometimes even bucking back and forth. If I hold the gas to WOT, it will not do it at all. Sounds kinda like the TPS to me. My gas mileage is also terrible. I am getting about 200-215 on a full tank. I used to get almost 320. If anyone has had this problem, please help me out.

Back