• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looks taller in back?

nates94xj

NAXJA Forum User
Do XJs normally look a little taller in back? I measured 20" from fender flare to te center of the axle hub on the back, and 20.5" in front, which is what a 3" lift is supposed to be, right? It still looks a little high in back. Maybe that's just because the old springs sagged a little? I'm thinking about adding a winch to the front, and I realllly don't want to add yet another spacer to even this thing out.

thats actually rare that the back sits higher than the front, just look around on here, 90% of xj's sag in the ass end. i added 2" shackles to mine just so the back would sit highet. imo it looks better that way. cuz by the time u load it down with tools n shit for the trail, it sits about right.

black??? both my and my dads looked slightly higher in the rear, till i added a bumper and tire carrier. i dont mind it being a little higher cause if you load it with stuff it wont be super saggy back there. it shouldnt be anything crazy though

mostly the back is saggy or almost dragging on the ground on the older ones.
Here is mine Its a little excessive it has about 5in in the back and 3in in the front it just turned out that way. $$$ to raise the front.
SANY0195.jpg

SANY0194.jpg

norcalchris said:
my rear has sagged a bit, and its a RE lift. i was surprised

that is surprising... hell even my rusty's leafs from a 4.5+1.5 shackles were higher than my DPG 5" coils with a 1" spacer... and the coils were 2 years newer than the leafs

well if you put a bunch of weight back ther the leaves with sag after awhile
mine sat higher in the back and they do that so whe you put weight in the back or go camping and put a lot of things back there it doesn't loook like your jeep is about to take off

unless you want it to look like that
its whatever you want to do
i added a 3/4" spacer and it looks a lot better

norcalchris said:
my rear has sagged a bit, and its a RE lift. i was surprised

where do you get "a bit" from????? it's sagged a LOT!!! :scared:

Back