• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problems removing door???

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
I need to remove the front passenger side door from my parts jeep and put in on my dd and when i went to look at how to do it i ran into a couple problems.

1. two or more of the bolts that attach the door to the jeep are a little rusty and stipped when i tried to remove them. how do i go about removign stripped bolts??

2. im not exactly sure what to do with all the wires...how do i remove them?
im not an electricion by any means but i want to make sure i dont mess anything up, like power locks, window and speaker?

Thanks

James

Take the doors off with the hinges on them to ge a better look at it. You could then use one of many tools in order to get the bolts out. The wires should have connectors near the kick panel.

T40 torx bit and a ratchet wrench that fits the end. Either that or buy a special tool.

If they're coming off of your parts jeep then just use a sawzall or angle grinder and cut the hinges on the body side of the hinge pin then you have the doors off to make removing the hinges easier. Another way to access the two bolts on the inner most part of the hinge is remove the front wheel well liner and with a couple of ratchet extensions and the torx bit you can get them started from there.

take a center punch, drive out the hinge pin. Pull the wires out of the body or the door until you find the plug. Set doors aside, take the old hinge pins to your hardware store and buy some new tapered pins. Reinstall doors.

i figured out the wires..

tommorow im going to try and remove the doors, i will trying punching out the pin..hopefully that works if not im going to see what else i can do

thanks guys

Back