• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Matt's other club:

I will support Matt on this subject.

I have terrible spelling and grammar and I am disappointed in myself for not knowing and doing better (I have the lame excuse of being an engineer so it doesn't come natural, but it is an excuse). I don't often correct others (other than my children) because I know that I am not an expert but I can't believe the number of e-mails and posts that I read that I honestly can not understand what the person is asking or saying. What is worse is that the person often either has no idea what they did wrong or could care less about it.

Michael

I'm not trashing him for his corrections. I'm honestly glad he does it. I often want to but know that I type beyond my ability or use the wrong word occasionally so I keep my mouth shut. :viking:

Metal Thrasher said:
I'm not trashing him for his corrections. I'm honestly glad he does it.

x2 I try to correct some but since im at western... Well you guys know what im saying, spelling is not exactly our strong spot. I think it was Jeremy #2 who told me to get back to my bong decorating class.:roflmao:

-Alex

That's the coolest thing I've seen all day. That site ranks up there with the Spaghetti Monster. :D

SPOGG said:
There are huge problems in this world, and then there are problems that can be solved by everyday people with red pens and a little moxie.
:laugh:

I love the corrected graffiti piece on the King 5 site.

"Whoa is me" corrected to "Woe is me" Brilliant! I prefer the first one though. The second is pretty "irony deficient" (stolen from Top Gear).

Therein lies the rub. One of my Network Engineer colleagues is a terrible speller. My comment has always been that my colleague might not be able to spell but he can write. In my view it is the content that matters not the grammar.

Having said that the Internet is proof that a bunch of monkeys locked in a room with keyboards will never produce Shakespeare. :)

Back