• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: Locker Installation

arfinsd

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone recommend a place to get my axels regeared and lockers installed? Or doesn anyone know how to do this? I don't mind learning.

I'm thinking about getting a rear locker and would like to re-gear to 4.10 at the same time.

Alex

What size tires are you looking to run? If you think you'll go bigger than 31's in the next 3 years, you should gear 4.56.

The 4.0 likes to spin fast more than it likes to work hard, so gear lower than you might expect. 4.56 and 32's, I got 22+ mpg.

I'm trying to get a hold of a used ARB locker with 4.56's in it already. Then I'd just have to get the ring & pinion for the front, install kits. I'm running 31's now, but plan on going with 33's if I can get it re-geared, etc. probably when my tires need to be replaced.

That's great on the gas mileage. Sounds like I might need to do that one.

cal said:
What size tires are you looking to run? If you think you'll go bigger than 31's in the next 3 years, you should gear 4.56.

The 4.0 likes to spin fast more than it likes to work hard, so gear lower than you might expect. 4.56 and 32's, I got 22+ mpg.

arfinsd said:
I'm trying to get a hold of a used ARB locker with 4.56's in it already.

That only works if you get the entire assembled axle - not just the ring already installed on the ARB....

If you get and ARB with a ring instaled on it and a pinion, you still have to do the hard (read expensive) part of the install.

bburge

Ok, so here's where I stand. I went to TDS this year and I won a Atlast II 3.8 Transfer Case. I was thinking about selling it, and getting lockers put on....after reading a bit....changed my mind. I'm installing the T-Case!!!

I think it'll be a good call, so anyone know who can do this instead of the lockers (I'll have to get that done another time).

Alex

Call MIT in El Cajon
p.s.
You will need new drive shafts and cross members

Back