• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey

CustomCrawler

NAXJA Forum User
I want to run bastard pack 4.5", and RE 4.5" coils+no flares, and 33x12.50s. Will I need a SYE soon as I get this lift? And would 4:88s be too much? I Can get a d35 carrier with 4:88s for 50 bucks. Then I just need a front carrier+ 4:88s!

you can put a transfer case drop on it. i dont know what to say about the d35 other than its weak. but for 50 i'd run it until i got the $$$ to get a d44 or a c8.25 and regear those to 4.56

i dont have a SYE on my 89 5speed with 4.5" of lift.

what tranny do you have?

i run 31's with 4.10 and its perfect for me.

ok here's the the thing-every xj is different. even if its the exact same year and model each one is going to react different to a lift. i know people who had 6 in lift and had no driveline vibration. i also know people who did 2 in budget lifts and had to drop the transfer case. so just put the lift on and see how bad the driveline vibration is.

CustomCrawler said:
Thanks. Now I just got a question. Are 4:88s to high for 33s?

you mean too low?

it depends on how you like to be geared. some people like there xjs to be geared a little low, some dont. some will say that 33' and 4.88 are too low and some will say your fine. on the highway with 4.88, you will be running at least 3000 rpms at 75-80mph. which again, is ok for some and too high for others. it cetainly leaves room for 35" tires.

Yes I meant too low, im still really sick so I cant think straight.

I want to go 35s later on. But not now.
The reason why I ask is, I can get some 4:88s in a carrier for my D35 for 50 bucks. I would still need my front carrier and gears.

I havent even had my jeep past 60 yet.

Dana 35 and 33's are a recipe for disaster...unless you spool it...

As far as gearing goes, I run 33's with 4.56 gears and wish I could have gone 4.88's.

My advice, do the rear for cheap, re-gear the front, then save up for a D44 and gear it to 4.88. When it's done, sell the D35 and maybe pay for the gears for the 44.

Neal

Back