• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alamo lake

FordGuy

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone done the overnighter to Lake Alamo from Havasu/Parker ? I heard its really scenic if you like the desert. Thinking about doing it before its too hot.

Lake Alamo will very disappointing. But I might be down. I grew up in high school 10 minutes from Lake Alamo. General Pattons training camp is out that way too.

Are you talking about the same one? The one I am thinking of is near Kingman AZ area, There is also a great drive up to Walapei Lodge. (not spelled correctly)

FordGuy said:
Are you talking about the same one? The one I am thinking of is near Kingman AZ area, There is also a great drive up to Walapei Lodge. (not spelled correctly)
andy is from arizona so it is entirly possible he did grow up there :spin1:

My friend has a place out at parker and we have been doing a little Wheeling out there, We were out toward kingman and a another guy was talking about a way from Havasu to Lake Alamo, spend the night, and come back. Just sounded like a cool run.

silverslk said:
I went through high school in Salome. A small crappy town in between parker and Wickenberg. The only Lake Alamo I know is about 30 miles north of Wenden (5 miles from Salome).

IS this the one?

http://www.pr.state.az.us/Parks/parkhtml/alamo.html

If so, been there a million times (1988-1992) maybe its gotten better since I came back to California???????

Well what were you doing at the lack Andy.........(you didnt have a jeep back then, so I wonder!?!?!?!?!) hehehehe

tcm glx said:
Well what were you doing at the lack Andy.........(you didnt have a jeep back then, so I wonder!?!?!?!?!) hehehehe

Had a 1967 baja bug back then. Even had a factory sliding ragtop sunroof. YOu kow anything about those Tony? haha

Back