• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine needed ASAP

Trouble

NAXJA Forum User
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I need to get a stroker or other long block before easter safari for one guy at work. Any REPUTABLE place in so cal that you can recommend??

old engine has 65k new oil pump. oil pressure is ok at idle but once it goes above idle the pressure drops to 0.[/FONT]

may not need a new engine. why does it have a new oil pump? did this start after the new pump install or before? has the distributer been removed recently? a missaligned/improperly fit oil pump shaft will act like that. any noises out of the ordinary? a spun bearing or seriously damaged bearing could also give those same symptoms. and yes even a bad oil pump, new or not. most new oil pumps (even mellings and other high perf aftermarket ones) need to be taken apart and blue printed. meaning checking clearances and either snading the gear or housing top to get the specs right. regardles, id check to see why you dont have oil presure before you go out and spend more for a complete engine.

Coast Motor Supply in Chatsworth

Sorry correction no pressure at start up and it will gradually increase with rpm. plus it has a knock. Its an oil starvation problem due to a scarred bearing. So a new engine is needed . Cost doesnt matter , just the quality and time frame.

Ill check coast. Thanks.

I know jasper can get a long block this week.

ATK engine supply has a place in Santa Ana, not sure if they would do just the short block but for a completely assembled longblock, they said if I were to order it today it would be here tomorrow(I was looking into a spare motor the other day). Just an option.

edit: not sure where I got the short block, but they have plenty of longblocks with warranty.

Skullvarian said:
ATK engine supply has a place in Santa Ana, not sure if they would do just the short block but for a completely assembled longblock, they said if I were to order it today it would be here tomorrow(I was looking into a spare motor the other day). Just an option.

edit: not sure where I got the short block, but they have plenty of longblocks with warranty.

Sorry Man But I would stay far away from ATK right now.. Their stuff for the last 5 years has been nothing but junk. If you need one that fast let me know. I can get it done for you. Or call my machinist Rick at Valley Engine in Fountain Valley.. He is a grumpy old guy but the work speaks for itself. Just my .02$ worth..

Clean-RC said:
Sorry Man But I would stay far away from ATK right now.. Their stuff for the last 5 years has been nothing but junk. If you need one that fast let me know. I can get it done for you. Or call my machinist Rick at Valley Engine in Fountain Valley.. He is a grumpy old guy but the work speaks for itself. Just my .02$ worth..
Have to agree...ATK does not even build all their motors in house. Which means they are basically subletting the work and slapping their name on it.

Ok I know this will get ripped. But

2 yrs ago I walked in to Autozone and laid down 1175$ for a complete long block with a "birth certificate" that has a 3yr unconditional warranty and have never had an issue. I continuosly throttle it on hill climbs, and let it idle for very long periods. Never once had an issue with it. I had it in 48 hours from the time I gave them the cash.

looking back now. If I would have had the time I would have built a custom CID with performance parts, but at the time it was supose to be a driver, not a buggy...

Back