• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d44 disc

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
if i got a set of disc brake with the backing plate and e-cable, would it mount right up to my c8.25? or would i still have to widen the hole?

Lots of mods required,(not major)definately not a bolt-up!

The hole in the backing plate of a D44A is very close to that needed for an 8.25. So there is minimal grinding involved as compared to the backing plate from a D35.

Aside from that, it pretty much is a bolt-on.

if i put this on my 98 jeep, will it act different? like the rear wheels lock up before the front wheels? how much braking difference will there be?

I have the D44A ZJ rear discs on my 98. I didn't do anything to the prop valve. And I would describe the braking as adequate. Not a huge difference over the stock drums. I just don't care for drum brakes.

There are other mods that you could make to improve overall braking performance. Like the WJ conversion or the Vanco setup. There are a lot of threads that cover each of these.

The backing plate pattern doesn't fit either,need's to be welded and drilled!

Back