• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

local parts store question

its not a bypass hose its an emisison hose. if you ask for bypass hose you are going to get heater hose and it wont stand up to the oil that breathes through that line. tell your local parts house you want power steering return hose, i think its 1/2 ID but im not for sure. we (napa) dont make the hard plastic part of the line but it doesnt need to be hard line its just a breather. just make sure you get the right stuff or it will fall apart.

Thanks for the info, I guess I will have to fab up the elbow since mine snapped off at the neck.
GrimmJeeper said:
its not a bypass hose its an emisison hose. if you ask for bypass hose you are going to get heater hose and it wont stand up to the oil that breathes through that line. tell your local parts house you want power steering return hose, i think its 1/2 ID but im not for sure. we (napa) dont make the hard plastic part of the line but it doesnt need to be hard line its just a breather. just make sure you get the right stuff or it will fall apart.

hollywood32 said:
Thanks for the info, I guess I will have to fab up the elbow since mine snapped off at the neck.
you can the elbow at napa, get me a pic of the pieces of the whole thing and i will find you a part number.

Back