• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cherokee front end conversions

XJ Beater

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i already converted the 96 to an 86 era waggy front clip, i like it, its different, but im thinking of something really different, i/e a late 80's early 90's grand wagoneer front clip, with the gay chrome crap removed and done up like the old jeep gladiators, im not sure, but are the grand waggy front ends wider then the cherokee?, im pretty sure, anyone have measurements?, thinking i might just try to graft the header/grille/headlight assembly onto the spare cherokee header i have, the grand waggy hood would be easy enough to cut in hakf and section. the only other idea i had was a cj front end or similar, going back to the late 50's early 60's willys wagons kind of look, nothing like bastardization of a tj hood and tubing seen around the forums lately, basically im going for an old school classic look on a newer vehicle, anyone wanna play with photoshop?, ive got 2 months to mess with the thing, i lost my liscense for 7 tickets in 3 years(4 of which were dead headlight, broken muffler, missng mirror glass and another broken muffler on a different truck, the other 3 speeding, my own fault but wtf state takes your liscense for a busted headlight and loud muffler, come on now....) and suggestions, ideas?, im open to other fornt ends too, basically im open for anything different thats not wicked crazy to do, i can do fiberglass/filler work to blend etc, but im looking for the simplest thing to do for something different, AND NO, I DONT WANT THE DAMN JEEP 2500 FRONT END!!! LOOKS LIKE A GRAND CHEROKEE RAPED A CHEROKEE AND HAD A KID....

the grand waggy is def wider and longer. I think grafting a AMC pacer front end would be AWESOME :D

If I see my buddys grand waggy tonight I will try and get some measurements as far as size comparisons to the XJ.

GW's are very different. They're also body on frame, not unibody. Much bigger, but surprisingly the XJ has the same interior space.

I love the old Gladiator trucks, but honestly, I think the XJ front end looks better on an XJ.

This idea indicates too much time on one's hands and too much alcohol in one's system....

XJ Beater said:
AND NO, I DONT WANT THE DAMN JEEP 2500 FRONT END!!! LOOKS LIKE A GRAND CHEROKEE RAPED A CHEROKEE AND HAD A KID....
Gee, thanks for hurting my feelings...just because some of us like the 2500 front...

lol, its ok and all, but im going for a older look, if i wanted more updated/modern id be all for it, its a cool cheap bolt on deal, im looking for more of an old school, i hate to say it, but retro look, something not everyone has and wants
xj&tj4me, thatd be cool if you got those measurements, thanks!!

Back