• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas is killing me

cds36

NAXJA Forum User
I dont know about you guys but thank god my Heep isnt my daily driver. With gas as high as it is and going higher, herd it might get to $4 a gallon. I used to drive from Colton to Upland would spend $60 every 3 days was killing me. I mean WTF dont we pretty much occupy most of the mid east now where the oil is ??

Definatly need to regear !!!

cds36 said:
I dont know about you guys but thank god my Heep isnt my daily driver. With gas as high as it is and going higher, herd it might get to $4 a gallon. I used to drive from Colton to Upland would spend $60 every 3 days was killing me. I mean WTF dont we pretty much occupy most of the mid east now where the oil is ??

Definatly need to regear !!!

Most of our oil doesn't come from the Middle East. ;)

Yea, mine IS my daily driver, and let me tell you while it isn't as bad as SOME vehicles I've owned, it's pretty bad! I have been searching for local employment here in Yucaipa due to the fact that I'M TIRED OF 12.00 A DAY IN GAS!

You guys are gonna hate me and will probably call me an a$$hole but I spend less then 15 a week. Gotta love them 2 wheels.

homebrew said:
You guys are gonna hate me and will probably call me an a$$hole but I spend less then 15 a week. Gotta love them 2 wheels.

Haha, yeah I was able to pick up a $1200 4 banger hooptie $35 last me the whole week and it has air conditioning whoot !!!

cds36 said:
Haha, yeah I was able to pick up a $1200 4 banger hooptie $35 last me the whole week and it has air conditioning whoot !!!

yeah, glad I don't DD my XJ anymore. 1700 for my hooptie. 29mpg

DSC00571sm.jpg

But
1500 in gas money(Honda price)
10 bucks a week-The gas you spend in a honda.
XJ gets like 14-15 mpg. I got some problems im working out.

So 20 bucks a week.

10 bucks more a week. Will take 170 months to break even. Plus insurance.

Yeah... ALL you guys SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1

12.8 mpg from my DD, which is my '55 Chevy because the XJ is sucking a$$ right now.. And I get 15.6 mpg from my XJ when it's drivable.. :explosion

I would like to ride my motorcycle more, but I really can't since I don't have a normal job with normal hours and a normal place to drive to.. :pirate1:

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

Have a Nice Day Now...
E

My $2K Mazda DD gets double the MPG as the Jeep. In the past 13 months, it has more than paid for itself.

Not to mention saving the wear and tear on the Jeep. Maintenance costs are also less. A 195/60/14 tire costs a lot less than a 33" MTR.

And when I added the Mazda to my insurance policy, my rate went DOWN. That's because the Jeep is no longer considered my primary vehicle. Only have liability on the Mazda and full coverage on the Jeep.

CustomCrawler said:
But

So 20 bucks a week.

What Johnny said, you forgot to factor in the cost of the wear and tear on your Jeep vs the wear tear on the honda. You've just increased the longevity of your Jeep and all the parts on it. You won't have to replace the tires on the Jeep now as much. Unless you've got inchitis, that's another story.

And yeah, older commuter cars are cheap on insurance, and if you don't have another vehicle already, you can usually get a multi-vehicle policty discount. My insurance pretty much broke even.

I guess im thinking about my life. Being 16 it cost me 90 a month for just fixing the other guys car/and if he gets hurt. (if I get hurt im screwed, if I wreck im screwed. Its a stock jeep I got for 400 so Ive already saved 150 by taking a chance (5 months at 30 more for fixing my car IF I wreck it0)

I'm glad I have my Honda. I had it before my Jeep so the car payment doesn't bother me much. Its nice having a/c, 30mpg, and comfort on my daily drive.

that being said I drove the Jeep to work today just because I felt like it :D

i drive my heep every day. i get between 10 and 15 mpg dependring on how i drive. i really needa new air filter and to weld up the holes in my exhaust. it sucks...

I've been itching to get a DD econo car but HOA rules dont let us have more than 2 vehicles and parking is limited...sucks

Here in the Netherlands one liter gas (95) cost about 1.45 Euro a liter...
1 Gallon = 3.78 liter ?
So 1 gallon = (3.78 * € 1.45) = € 5.48 (Euro)
€ 5.48 = $ 8.35

So 1 Gallon gas = $8.35

You guys have a long way to go :)

EliasJ123 said:
Yeah... ALL you guys SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1

12.8 mpg from my DD, which is my '55 Chevy because the XJ is sucking a$$ right now.. And I get 15.6 mpg from my XJ when it's drivable.. :explosion

I would like to ride my motorcycle more, but I really can't since I don't have a normal job with normal hours and a normal place to drive to.. :pirate1:

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

Have a Nice Day Now...
E

I'll trade you for my lexus and you can double you're mileage :)

CustomCrawler said:
But

So 20 bucks a week.

Check your premises. Not all of us are driving to the high school and back.

Think, cost per mile.

My 35+ MPG Saturn paid for itself in a year.

I'm also tired of $15 a day for gas. I've removed my Conn Ferr rack and have gained about 2 mpg on the last five tanks over the last couple of weeks.

I'm buying a commuter skooter this week and will park my XJ for weekend fun. I'm going to miss driving my Cherokee every day. I guess that means I'll have more to look forward to on the weekends.

Last edited:
Back