• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Instrument Panel Blues...

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
The old man's 99 came with the standard IP..Fuel level, and speedometer. Is there anyway to change this to the full cluster with oil pressure and battery volts and the rest instead of the damn dummy lights? Also it came without Tilt steering. Can this be changed out also?

Yes - and it's a plug-and-pray swap, no sensor changes (it's all driven by the CAN bus of OBD-II, and the sensors are already in place for the ECU.) Find a later IP and swap it. I don't know about resetting the odometer, tho.

I'm sure that the column can also be swapped for one with tilt. However, I believe it's a Chrysler column in those years, and I don't know how difficult it would be to swap.

jeepman121 said:
it came without Tilt steering. Can this be changed out also?

Simple swap also. The whole column is held in place by 4 bolts. Make sure you get the ignition key with the donor column otherwise you won't be able to remove the donor ignition cylinder lock to re-install the original cylinder that matches the doors. If you do get a donor column, disconnect the battery and wait 30 minutes before you do any work with or nearby the airbags, crash sensor, or their wire harnesses.

Ya, I have a 2000 that USED to have dummy lights :) I was amazingly happy to have all my gauges so easily! It's actually illegal to "tamper" with the odometer reading for "personal gain" so I think it's something a dealer might be able to do...

Back