• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lca brackets

kahaikapu

NAXJA Forum User
Hi..Im about to install my TnT Y-links and im goin to cut of the lower control mounts..I am hoping maybe someone who has already done the removel can give a few pointers and or some pix so i can see how far to cut and what can and cannot be grind away.. Aloha Stan...p.s TnT y-link is awsome peice of work...

Make no mistake, this is a suckiest part of installing control arm brackets.

Use a cut off wheel on an angle grinder or high speed air grinder. Then put on a grinding wheel and grind off small bits if you wish.
I tried a sawzall for part of it, and it was a PITA.

DSC01140.JPG

DSC01138.JPG

Ahhhh...Thank You...the pics are great and so is the work you did..it really helps..I can see ill be needing more grinding disc..Thanks for the heads up on the Saw Zaw. it did cross my mind
there is pretty much no sign of that Bracket,,Great job and Thank You. Have a Great Day...Mahalo Stan

lowrange2, you're going with the TNT kit?

:clap:

cant wait to hear about it :)

that goes for you too kahaikapu....post pics and stuff about your install!

you using the TNT stiffeners?

Yup i did exactly as SnagglePuss, I used a 4.5" grinder with a cut off wheel. (My plasma was out at the time). and Yes, it sucks. lol

Pick up a dust mask also. Thats a lot of grinding near your face and who knows whats in the china made grinding disks. Probably parts of political prisoners!

Back