• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Size Questions

RSchurig356

NAXJA Forum User
I have a stock 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4-door currently running on the stock 225/70R16's. I have the AW4 auto and the NP231 transfer case and Chrysler rear end.

There is no lift and I would like to keep the stock rims. I would also like something that is good in snow and light off-roading.

Also, what is the biggest I can go without any rubbing issues? And what tires do you guys suggest?

this topic has been discussed exactly 88324553390985639487560345 times...please search

because you are new, i'll give in

most run somewhere around 235/75's...some will say you can go 30x9.5 without any 'serious' rubbing issues...it's really up to you

as far as a good tire...look at the most obvious (i.e. bfgoodrich at/mt, bridgestone dueler revo, goodyear mtr, etc. etc.)...nearly every major tire manufacturer makes a half decent product for what you're looking for

good luck, and keep in mind that most people around here are reluctant to reply to threads that have been covered since the beginning of time

Depending on what you do (street driving, offraoding, etc.) You can go up to 30's. Most run 235/75R15 with no lift. Im running 235's with a 2" lift. I could run 30's or 31's but like my current tires alot (Goodyear Wrangler AT/S). Most run 235's at stock height.

You will want to probably want to go with 235/70R16 that aren't that much bigger than stock. Unless you are keeping it stock and/or your tires were bad you may want to wait until you can fit something bigger on it. You Never can go wrong with the BFG a/ts for a good all around tire or may consider the General Grabber AT2 that is very similar and less expensive.

just to reiterate whats already been said, i just got a set of 235/75/15 BFG All Terrains, and they are awesome. excellent in snow, rain, and on road, and pretty good offroad. no rubbing on 14 year old stock suspension at that size either

michael2520jackson20today.jpg

Back