• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan Pulley wobbling like crazy!

Crispy

NAXJA Forum User
It started on the way back from a ~200 mile trip. I heard odd metal to metal sounds, at first it sounded like a wheel well flapping in the wind. I had the Jeep parked up for a couple of months and I just took it out and got a good look.

The fan pulley is wobbling and hitting the pulleys around it. My temperatures do climb just a tiny bit sitting but they drop when I take off.

My questions are what can this be, and how to I remove the pulley correctly? I took a quick hack at it today but the pulley was spinning as I tried to undo the bolts.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, as I'm moving to Florida, and driving there from NYC.:scared:

They should come out pretty easy. Put a wrench on one of the other bolts as you loosen to stop it from turning. Once its off you can determine if its just the pulley thats bad or maybe the water pump.

Back