• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone using this winch adapter for the front end?

I use one. I had them turn the d-ring hooks up so they would not hang down. I took 3x3" 3/16" square tubing and welded them to the sides for a quick front bumper fab. Nice strong and high clearance. It exposed the very bottom of the factory cross member so I trimed it an inch and plated it with angle iron. I welded in suport tabs to tie the cross member into the Detours mount so the whole front end is rock solid. It worked out so nice that you could not give me a complete after market bumper over one of the Detours backbones with some quick bumperets welded to it.

Got some pictures? How easy would it be to install (just stock, without all the mods?) - especially on a 15 year old Jeep?

Stumpalump said:
I use one. I had them turn the d-ring hooks up so they would not hang down. I took 3x3" 3/16" square tubing and welded them to the sides for a quick front bumper fab. Nice strong and high clearance. It exposed the very bottom of the factory cross member so I trimed it an inch and plated it with angle iron. I welded in suport tabs to tie the cross member into the Detours mount so the whole front end is rock solid. It worked out so nice that you could not give me a complete after market bumper over one of the Detours backbones with some quick bumperets welded to it.

x2...would like to see pics...

It's simple to install. You use your steering box bolts plus a couple extra on 1 side and he provides bolts for the pre drilled holes on the other. Then you just notch your factory bumper with a die grinder or whatever you have and bolt it on. He has the whole front end of an XJ hanging in his shop and he fabs them up and welds them to fit like a glove. I heard he was moving and he may still be out of pocket but it would be worth the wait if he's not back in biz yet.

I'm glad it was my first choice! couldn't be happier with it, and beleive me I've used it! saved me and my jeep from a offroad head on. The other jeep had some damage!

I'm getting some local feedback saying that this set up looks a bit flimsy... any rebuttal to that? I thought it looked half decent. It would be on my daily driver with a moderate lift - no hardcore wheeling... Anyone have any pics to post?

Thinking about getting xj backbone setup sent the guy 3 emails no response yet.

Flimsy it is not!!! I winched out a 3/4 ton chev up to its axles in mud, with a ranger attached to my rear hitch as an anchor, no bending,breaking, etc. one of the stronger units out there.

heres a crappy pic ,I can get better if you are interested

IMG_0001.jpg

Please more pics would be nice.

Back