• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody answer the Phones!!!

XJsurf

NAXJA Forum User
So today I've been trying to call Rubicon to get the brakes that I sheared yesterday. And all I get is a busy signal. Anybody ever experience this issue? So my whole goal is to try and overnight or 2nd day, is that even possible? When I was going through the process with RE online, I was only getting ground shipping and I need to get them quicker. If anybody has a good source to get the RE 1550 brake lines quickly, let me know?

I called them to replace a broken sway bar disco, got right through. I called first thing in the morning though. I've found you tend to get a better response anywhere earlier in the day.

Why not just run down to 4wpw and grab an off name brand....or maybe just some Pro Craps....I imagine they'll have them in stock....they almost always do.

If you were going for a warranty return, I could see sticking with RE...but if you just need a brake line, you can probably pick up a spare single at any offroad shop....even ORW.

Worth a shot at least...RE is going to charge you as much if not more than what you get here, and they still have to ship it to you.

SanDiegoXJ said:
Why not just run down to 4wpw and grab an off name brand....or maybe just some Pro Craps....I imagine they'll have them in stock....they almost always do.

If you were going for a warranty return, I could see sticking with RE...but if you just need a brake line, you can probably pick up a spare single at any offroad shop....even ORW.

Worth a shot at least...RE is going to charge you as much if not more than what you get here, and they still have to ship it to you.

Good point, I'm not worried about getting RE, maybe later for spares, but no biggy. I have an ORW just up the 163 from me. Plus I know the guy that runs the parts counter. So I usually get a pretty good deal. Mike I'll shoot you a pm when I get the parts. I could definetely use the help, get an education about brakes, and some beers. My boss explained to me today about the importance of use the flare wrench. So I'll swing by and pick one up. Thanks everyone for the advice.

don't forget to pick up some new copper washers while you're at it (4) for your banjo fittings... the 14mm variety x 1mm thick... someone please correct me if i'm wrong here on the specs.

Hey, so I was able to call Crown Performance today. I will able brake lines in hand on Thursday morning. I was able to get them with next day guaranteed shipping for 10 am on Thursday, for less than what it would have cost to get them for shipping for RE. All I had to do was tell them that they were the 22" RE front SS lines. I even decided to go with red lines. Thanks everyone, Crown Performance really came through this time. Its a shame that I have to deploy in a week and a half. I already have the itch to go back out again.

So when I get back in October definetely want to try Siderwinder.

Back