• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grabby clutch

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever notice that when ther 5 speed(AX15) gets hot as in alot of stop and go traffic the clutch seems to get realy grabby. By grabby i mean it feels like wheel hop but not. Don't know when the last time the clutch was replaced but it seems odd to me.

it might be your main seal
but my friends also does this but his bellhouseing is cracked(for the 2nd time) but his is only cracked because he runs it to like 8-9 grand(no joke) everygear
and all the torque riped a huge seem across the top half of the bellhouseing the xj's bellhouseing's are onl;y made out of cast aluminum so there not all that strong but he is still the only case of this that i have seen yet so i would be susprised if u had the same problem

Well i never lose any oil from the resevoir or the jeep like no joke i never add oil and check them frequently.

I used to drive from NYC to Greenwich and back everyday in slow traffic. I never noticed a grabby clutch.... but thinking back a bit... I did just replace my master and slave clutch cylinder.. (I am abit upset cause both never go at the same time but shop was adament both were broken.. dam jersey shops..) Admitly, I drive it like a race car..

Well i have the same problem especially in the dirt(former dirt track racer nothing big home town stuff) so i like the rev limiter to say the least.

Back