• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np242 to np231

rcpilot92

NAXJA Forum User
My 242 has a hole in it now after towing it from cali to fla.. something hit it along the way... 231's are more avail.. is the linkage the same? Found a couple and want to make sure I don't need different linkage..

Thanks

Do what you like but IMO the 242 is a great T-Case. Look around, Im sure you can find a replacement. if you are dead set on the swap I think you need more than the link to make it work.

no the 231 has 1 less drive mode. swap the plastic thing that lists the drive modes by the tc shifter to a 231 and note that the space in between 2hi & 4hi IS 4hi, the shifts get moved up 1 from what the plastic thing says, if you know this you dont have to change anything just dont forget.

Thanks guys.... I am seaching for a 242 but have found a couple 231's on ebay pretty reasonable... just wnated to check the linkage stuff...

Back