• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coral Canyon Pix

tripdog

NAXJA Forum User
Had a blast out there today even with beating that many of our Jeeps took. Nice to meet all of you, hope everyone made it home safe ( a couple of jeeps had bad brakes or no brakes at all. I'm buying some extra lines just for insurance :laugh3:

Anyway, thanks for a fun day.

33durk0.jpg

2v81lpc.jpg

119bdjq.jpg

24w4oz5.jpg

2qk6tfq.jpg

s1i7v8.jpg

2z9jv3t.jpg

e84rp4.jpg

2rm8pol.jpg

Wanted to thank everyone for their help get me somewhat capable of driving home. I made a command decision to press on home. Got into El Cajon are around 6:45. Just decided to press on and made it home around 7:20. Little worried coming on and driving down Rosecrans but no problems. So today I'm ordered the replacement lines from RE and just get them overnited. So with that, I had a great time. The Ass pucker factor was high, but I learned alot about how much beating my jeep will take and what is truly required to run the trails.

It's funny how you can sit at home and feel this and that can be done to the XJ. After today I definetely understand what I need: Relocate brake lines (Take care of that when the new ones arrive), Larger Bumpstops, Rock Rails, Winch and a CB radio.

It was great meeting everyone, thanks for the pics TripDog.

looks like you boys had some fun...... was it dusty as shit there??? Think im still blowing black stuff out of my nose from that trip, a year ago.

So my day got even more interesting after we left CC. I stopped at a gas station in Alpine to put some air in my tires. While I was airing up the passanger side, I could see that a car had pulled up behind me, but I couldn't see the car... just the lights. I just assumed someone was waiting for the air. A moment later, I feel the whole jeep rock like someone bumped it. Then I felt it again... so, I pop up real fast to see who the hell was messing with my car, and I see a cop walking around the back, toward the passanger side where I was. I don't think he knew I was there, because his eyes got real big and he drew his gun and pointed it at me.. yelling at me to show my hands.

So, he gets me up against the jeep and pat searches me...then cuffs me and stuffs me.

Turns out, a black XJ was ripped off from Alpine and was last seen heading West on 8. Cop ran my plates and cut me loose a few minutes later. But, it was pretty freaky being on the wrong end of a gun... nice way to top off good day.

Anyway... good to meet you all. Glad to hear you made it home ok. Thanks for the pics. I'll post up mine tomorrow if I have any interesting ones.

good pics tom. Ive got some video and pics to upoad yet. Doesn't look like much there with me on the winch. But what you don't see is the hill on the other side of my jeep. Or the fact that two feet later that front tire goes up another 4 feet in the air. Cant wait to see thr video of that.

Matty: we didnt do bronco connector, which was very dusty the last time i did it with mark and kevin. This was not too bad. Bronco peak only.

Oceanjet: wow! What a scare! Although i would get frisked and cuffed anyday as long they were looking for a Jeep. Hey, someday ot could be mine.

oh yeah, and like I said I would have had a spare brake line, but hildy took my trail spare at the jambo two weeks ago. That's only the second time someone has needed it within the last 8 or so years I've been carrying that thing. All within the same month. I use to carry two spares, but since nobody had ever needed it, I paired down to just one spare. Hildy, I'll take my line back now :)

Have cal bring it down with my printer.

mikedashg said:
Hildy, I'll take my line back now :)

I'll get it back to you ASAP... got the replacement lines from RE on Friday (I think... my mind's a blur right now), I'll get yours back to you (and be carrying the extra as a trail spare... those things are right handy. ;-)

--Hildy

ocean_jet said:
Turns out, a black XJ was ripped off from Alpine and was last seen heading West on 8. Cop ran my plates and cut me loose a few minutes later. But, it was pretty freaky being on the wrong end of a gun... nice way to top off good day.

WTF...So I guess cops dont like to run plates before drawing guns and arresting anyone huh? maybe he thought you swapped plates

djblade311 said:
WTF...So I guess cops dont like to run plates before drawing guns and arresting anyone huh? maybe he thought you swapped plates

Yep... I was kind of thinking the same thing. But, ultimately, I think I startled the cop... ... I don't think he knew I was there. When I popped up, he looked like he saw a ghost
and immediately drew his weapon. Pretty much scared the crap out of me.

More Pics:
200803001.jpg

200803002.jpg

200803004.jpg

200803009.jpg

LOL Yep, I thought I was following the trail. How wrong I was! Oh well blazing your own trail isn't so bad. :doh:

nice pics guys ... lil crazy

Post them using YouTube or Tinypic.com and then just post the links :)

I would post my videos but I accidentally had the camera on time lapse and everything is is fast motion. So lame.

October 2007 So Cal fires. I was thinking how hard it would be to see beyond the trail had the area not burned. Lot's of people lost their homes so the point is mute.

chalk me up as one who lost ALOT to that damn fire

double post glitch

Back