• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical problems...

cutlass30587

NAXJA Forum User
i just bought a 99' cherokee sport the problem is none of the power windows work at all on any door, and on the driver door nothing works. ( power windows, power locks, power mirriors) on the passenger door the power locks work tho.... started checking fuses, didnt find anything but im going to look into it more tomarrow. so if you have any ideas help point me in the right direction....

I'd start by looking at the major fuses in the PDC, 40 amp (fuse #2 ?) (maybe 30 amp). Then the circuit breakers, though it's doubtful more than one would go out and it sounds like you have a mix of sub systems, multiple circuit breaker problems are unlikely.
Then maybe the ignition switch and the PDC bus.

Not sure about the 99s, but my 91 has a plug behind the driver's side kick panel that goes to the door. It sends power for all power windows and the driver's door lock switch. Might have come loose or something.

Tommy4949 said:
Not sure about the 99s, but my 91 has a plug behind the driver's side kick panel that goes to the door. It sends power for all power windows and the driver's door lock switch. Might have come loose or something.

humm might have to look into that..

i also forgot to mention both front door speakers are not working i dont kno if that could be related.. so tomarrow i'll probably re check the fuses then look into the circuit breakers just to be sure. maybe poke around with a DMM see if i have power at any connections i can get at. also i'll look into those connections for the wires coming into the doors... thanks for the sugestions keep them comming

I know on mine all four doors get their window switch power from the driver's door. That's because of the window lockout switch on the driver's door that cuts power to the other 3 door windows.

It definitely sounds like a connector or two is loose.

Sounds like a bunch of broken wires leading into the door, inside the rubber boot. This is verry common on high mileage units.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I know of the fuse panel inside the cab of the xj, where are the circut breakers or any other fuses on the xj, cause i have electrical issues of my own

Olympia said:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I know of the fuse panel inside the cab of the xj, where are the circut breakers or any other fuses on the xj, cause i have electrical issues of my own

In the engine compartment behind the battery, at least for 92 and earlier they are. Contains MAXI fuses and relays.

Back