• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift problems?

dabeersboys

NAXJA Forum User
I heard that I could have problems putting a lift from my 87 on my new 98. Its a 3in lift, heard that the problem would be because the drive lines and rear axle are different.
Has any one else incountered this problem?

Also what about a 00 with a RE 4.5 lift with a t-case drop kit. any problems there?

Thanks in advance for your imput and thoughts.

-Matt

Which axle are you going from? D35 to 8.25 or reverse. Both of those axles as well as the D44 have different length driveshafts. And at 4.5" on your 00, the tc drop should do it. If you have any more vibes, then I would say do axle shims or an SYE.

It will work fine. All you will need is diffrent u-bolts because the axle tubes are diffrent sizes. Everything else is the same.

OE tech is not the place for this thread. It should be in modified.

What he is wonder since he does not believe me... Is there an issue with getting driveline vibration out of the newer Jeeps due to the new slip yoke. Told him there was a chance that even with the budget boost there might be a drive line vib and have to drop the transfercase.

every rig is diffrent. You will not know what you need until it is done and tested. As a rule of thumb, no you should not get bad vibes with only 3 inches....if everything else is in good condition. The lift will put stress on diffrent places and cause diffrent results. If you have good steering joints and good bushings everywhere you should be fine---if not you will have to find the problem (or problems). Hunting problems can get expensive, so be prepared!!!

Back