• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ with a motor from 98.. Need to get a Temp gauge installed!

drunkmike

NAXJA Forum User
what is the easiest but accurate route to go? As of right now I have no gauge so I'm a bit weary to be driving it around alot as its gonna start getting warm soon. Help me out here as I want to get something done soon.. I'm assuming there is some type of "dummy" light that will still warn me if it gets too hot, or maybe even a cell but I still need to have some sort of gauge. I don't care if its the stock gauge in the cluster or if I have to install a new one elsewere.. Help!

The boss in still cast into the head on the rear drivers side of the head- barely off of the corner of the valve cover...just drill it and tap it with npt thread...just not too deep- there is an exhaust port right under that...and in my experience the newer motor makes great power, though gets horrible mileage...

npt=pipe thread.

on the drivers side under the manifold near the knock sensor,right above the oil pan are a two threaded holes in the block that have allen head plugs threaded into them.I had an aftermarket temp probe mounted there at one time.

Back