• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 rear axle

fuelfox4949

NAXJA Forum User
is 325 a good price for a rear dana 44 out of a 89 cherokee some rust but complete drum to drum i want to fix it clean it throw some good axles and arb locker in it and put it in my 97 cherokee just wondering if 325 was a fair price or if i should keep looking

Not a great price, but not a bad price either. I paid $250 for each of mine. Ive heard people paying as little as 150 and as much as 350. So I'd say 325 is at the high end but not a ripoff.

Last edited:
Whoever is selling the axle knows what they have. Some people get lucky and can get them for nearly half as much at junk yards that don't know the difference. Sometimes junk yard diving can bite if you have to remove that axle yourself. I'd say buy it. I paid $350 for mine, but it came with rear disc conversion, so I was willing to pay it.

In my neck of the woods thye go for as much as $400. so like the others said, its a decent deal.

If you go and pull one yourself from a junkyard, you can get one for half that price, or less.

But around here, $350 is the going price for a D44 that someone else went through the hassle of pulling.

i got mine for $60

I paid $75 for mine. The price really varies based on where you are.

I paid $150 to a friend, but I did have to completely re-do the brakes (should have went to disc... oh well).

Back