• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Bumper, Vacuum Bottle Relocation

tgoff

NAXJA Forum User
I got a new front bumper via Ukraine Train (very high quality kit which I highly recommend) which brought me to vacuum bottle relocation. It would not fit on the front lower cross member because my radiator was in the way unlike other on this forum. I think it is this way because I have an '86 2.5L with a 3 row radiator. Anyway I decided to install it behind the cowl by the wiper linkage. I cut a hole slid it in then drilled a hole into the back of the engine bay. I put 1 self tapper to hold the bottle down which should suffice since it fits nice and snug in there. Here is the pics.

New front bumper (unfinished) from Ukraine Train here on NAXJA
bumperunfinished.jpg

Vacuum Bottle's new home
vacuumrelocation.jpg

I basically just zip tied mine to the a/c bottle near the firewall didn't require any modifications to the lines or anything. I'll try to post a few pics later

Well I finally finished my bumper so I thought I would post pics for those interested in the Ukraine Train kit.

Here is the front view
bumperfront.jpg

Side View
bumperside.jpg

The main hoop is 2" OD and the kickers are 1.5" OD for those wondering.

That bumper looks good. As far as the vacuum bottle, when I did mine I just removed it and plugged the tube. Works great.

Back