• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems after 62mm and Spacer Installed

Cipey

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a 62mm Tb and spacer last week and then did a 160 mile rountripper with no problems. Last night i drove to RI to meet up with NAC Members, never did make it, anyway i stopped for fuel and smokes and noticed at idle my motor was sounding like it was ready to stall and had a smell of ozone..sounded like it was missing a piston or two. According to the RPM's it was steady at about 800 as usual and oil pressure was steady as usual, temp was at about 190, nothing out of the ordinary there. Without a obd2 all i could do was eye her out and hear for sounds. when i reved her up abit the sputter went away. I did notice that that ccv hose was pinched a bit on one of the tb cables. this was the result of the spacers for the tb cable, i should have routed under 'stead of over. I completely pulled off the off for the ime being and intalled a mushroom looking filter i had in my toolbox on the ccv directly and plugged up the intake with a rubber plug. Still at idle it was pretty rough. I drove the 60 or so miles back to boston and pulled over at the horse track. the smell was gone but it was studdering a bit.any ideas?

Cipey

Back