• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday night added to the schedule

planefixer

NAXJA Forum User
To better accomodate those that will only be able to attend the final weekend....
I called the CG and had Saturday night added to the schedule so we don't have to vacate the premisis until Sunday, July 20th by 12:00 p.m..That gives us all day Saturday (the 19th) to wheel.:clap:

planefixer said:
To better accomodate those that will only be able to attend the final weekend....
I called the CG and had Saturday night added to the schedule so we don't have to vacate the premisis until Sunday, July 20th by 12:00 p.m..That gives us all day Saturday (the 19th) to wheel.:clap:
Hay wait, I had it down that it starts the 21st of July and ends the 26th. What's correct?

planefixer said:
Hi There, sounds like you guys changed the dates so now they conflict with the Montana Divide Ride. Why did you go and do that? You were 90% on for the following week. Now we all have to decide between the 2 and each won't get as much attendance. What a bummer.

We had to move the date due camping situation. The campground we use was book the week we wanted, and frankly the others were not an option. Sorry for the inconvenience.

jrsxj98 said:
We had to move the date due camping situation. The campground we use was book the week we wanted, and frankly the others were not an option. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for filling me in. I'm happy to help you guys get your act together in time next year, if you want.

jrsxj98 said:
excuse me!
Hi, nice responce except for the !. My comment was really an honest offer if you guys are all too busy with your jobs etc. to spend the time and plan ahead to get arrangments done. We're all just volentering our time. If you take on more than you have time for, this kind of thing happens and local wheeling events end up conflicting. My honest offer still stands but I don't want to offend any righteous guys.

tcharon said:
Hi, nice responce except for the !. My comment was really an honest offer if you guys are all too busy with your jobs etc. to spend the time and plan ahead to get arrangments done. We're all just volentering our time. If you take on more than you have time for, this kind of thing happens and local wheeling events end up conflicting. My honest offer still stands but I don't want to offend any righteous guys.

you're original response was certainly a jab at the current CO BOD.

personally, i could care less about this event conflicting with the Montana Divide Ride, and I'm sure that the same could be said about over 95% of other participants in this event.........I don't think it's realistic or even possible to make sure this (or any) event fits everyone's schedule perfectly. Sometimes decisions/priorities need to be made on your part.

I feel that the preparations for this event were done plenty early (don't forget we had a new BOD elected in at the beginning of the year) and the dates were made based on the campgrounds schedule.

my 2 cents.

IntrepidXJ said:
you're original response was certainly a jab at the current CO BOD.

personally, i could care less about this event conflicting with the Montana Divide Ride, and I'm sure that the same could be said about over 95% of other participants in this event.........I don't think it's realistic or even possible to make sure this (or any) event fits everyone's schedule perfectly. Sometimes decisions/priorities need to be made on your part.

I feel that the preparations for this event were done plenty early (don't forget we had a new BOD elected in at the beginning of the year) and the dates were made based on the campgrounds schedule.

my 2 cents.
Thanks for adding comments. Shouldn't I be allowed to jab. That's how improvments are made.
Sure, for you personally, but do we want to allow more NAXJA guys to be able to get to events, or just excuse? I'm sure you're correct, 95%, but what about the guys from WY & MT who now have to choose because the BOD was forced to change because others booked before us. I'm only trying to improve wheeling chances for all NAXJA guys.

tcharon said:
Thanks for adding comments. Shouldn't I be allowed to jab. That's how improvments are made.
Sure, for you personally, but do we want to allow more NAXJA guys to be able to get to events, or just excuse? I'm sure you're correct, 95%, but what about the guys from WY & MT who now have to choose because the BOD was forced to change because others booked before us. I'm only trying to improve wheeling chances for all NAXJA guys.

Umm. I am just gonna respond that the reservation was made as soon as the campground opened for the year. So we what they had available. The other group must have booked last year. Oh and you are allowed to jab if you are a Colorado Member. Who is active in our chapter.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry bud, this event was booked ASAP as it is always our highest priority for the chapter. Comments like "If you take on more than you have time for" "I'm happy to help you guys get your act together in time next year" "now have to choose because the BOD was forced to change because others booked before us", are not jabs, but straight out insults to the current BOD and insinuations that we are not doing our jobs. And I don't appreciate it. Like Randy said, it is too difficult to make sure events don't conflict. There are things going on all summer, and we cannot help that. So we work with what we have.

tcharon,

Unfortunately you've come across as a guy that feels like the CO BOD screwed your vacation/wheeling plans without consenting you.... seriously, that's how it came across.

Then you try to explain yourself by saying that lots of other NAXJA guys were planning/or possibly planning on attending both our event an the Montana event...... Well, you mention it in one post here:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=933103

Care to show us where all those posts from the other guys are? How would we have even known there were "other guys" wanting to make this a combined trip? Where was your follow-through to help make it happen since you claim to have all this free time to help out? If there was enough interest communicated to the CO BOD I'm sure there would have been some consideration....... IF they had the luxury of more than one week to choose from where the Campground was concerned........

But you act like they are a bunch of screw ups that don't know how to plan an event.

Not cool Thom. But hey, if you can make part of the event, then we'll look forward to seeing you and "all the others" when you get there! :thumbup:

tcharon said:
Thanks for filling me in. I'm happy to help you guys get your act together in time next year, if you want.

First of all, I've said/posted from the beginning that we were going to try to hold the event the week of the 21st (when we usually have it) and that I would Post up an official date as soon as the groupsite was reserved/confirmed.I made the reservation as soon as I possibly could and the best the campground could do was a week earlier.So far you are the only one that seems to have an issue with the schedule change- I'm terribly sorry I couldn't accomodate YOU.The only other place in that area that could accomodate a large group, with as nice of facilities, would be KOA - they cost quite a bit more and not all of us are made of money.This is the first time in 5 years we've had to change the schedule and I did what was best for the group not the individual.As far as your words in bold (see above) we start planning the next ColoradoFest while we're at ColoradoFest, basically a year in advance and dedicate our time, and efferts and have had 4 previous successful events.So yeah, I think we do have our act togather.I'm donating my time to this event as well as the raffle XJ build and seeing people pissing and moaning about both and I for one, am getting pretty damn tired of it.We are working our asses off to make things happen, trying to make as many people happy as we can, and have another successful event so to receive this type of rhetoric is kind of like an arrogant insult/kick in the nuts.Way to go champ :thumbup: :thumbup: . You need to get over yourself.

Hi All,
Sounds like this is getting way beyond what I intended. Sorry if I offended anyone. I heard the 90% dates, I responded how great it was that you planned to not go when Montana was. Then, more than a month later only heard had to book later cuz you missed the campground. I didn't know all this stuff, of course. Sounds like you got right on it. Nice to learn, glad you do care to let your neighbor NAXJA guys join in.

If I can make it it will be for the Weekend only.........

Back