• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WIND!!!

Jump This

Just another minion!
Holy Crap!!

Just got back from the raffle at the TDS event, the wind was blowing so hard during the raffle that it appeared that one of the vendor tents was going to blow away!!

Dust storm material here....

Damn, I'm glad I'm not out there now.

Rick

Jump This said:
Holy Crap!!

Just got back from the raffle at the TDS event, the wind was blowing so hard during the raffle that it appeared that one of the vendor tents was going to blow away!!

Rick

Blowing pretty good in the high desert and cajon pass as well.

Leep said:
Blowing pretty good in the high desert and cajon pass as well.
yeah cold and windy, it was raining at my gf's house, rialto.

fOGGY AND dRIZZLY HERE IN fULLERTON

Damn CAPS LOCK Key

Jump This said:
Holy Crap!!

Rick

The wind came up at about 3pm and just got worse!

By the end of the raffle, I was amazed our tent was still standing; but, even with all the doors and windows zipped shut, it had enough ventilation that sand dunes were forming inside!

Me and my boy bailed! 15 mins to strike camp (do it FAST or watch it blow out of your hands at 50mph!) and hook up the sway bar. I had already aired up to go to the store...

On the 10, before Palm Springs, at about 50 mph into a 40+ mph headwind, we had a gust of something and lost two folding chairs! Oh well, time to shop for new Jeepin' chairs...

It blew like Hell all the way past Cabazon (kinda made me homesick with the drifting sand across the 10 near PS - I used to live out there when I was a kid!) and then turned to hard drizzle (almost rain) from Cabazon and held until past Beaumont, then switched to pretty heavy fog until short of San Berdoo! The winds never went entirely away and kicked back up at I headed into the Newhall pass. Blowing like crazy here in Santa Clarita right now! Got home at 2AM.

bburge

OMG the wind was insane last night & driving home this morning. The gust were so strong at some times I thought my motor home was going over.. White knuckle ride home all the way to OC.

I was driving my Cherokee, with no doors, back in the early afternoon and the wind has just started getting bad, I was laughing, as all the dirt I dumped into the rig during the day, was getting blown out of the rig on the way home!!

Man, it was bananas, people wernt even facing the stage cuz of sand flying in your eyes. Wind had to be in the 60's + mph... Dam wind broke my tent.... 4 poles are trashed... Great time though. Cant wait for next year at truck haven.

Jump This said:
Holy Crap!!

Rick

So you went home ??
It was nice last eve. (Sat.) in N.Truckhaven... stood around the fire till 01:30, but got plenty windy around sun up...
Russell was the last man out... it was good to hang out with him... and Becky... and the dogs... never saw the kids for the first day.

Curt

Wind? Dust storms? :laugh:

you should see what it looks like out here right now!

the wind blew a piece of transmission equipent of its concrete pad last night!

The sand storms were so bad they damn near blocked out the sun completely!

When the air looks like a glass of metamusal (spl?) something aint right.

Jump This said:
Holy Crap!!

Rick

Back