• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible xj trade

KI4KWF

NAXJA Forum User
might be about to do a trade. this guy is looking at getting a 94 with roughly 120,000 miles, completely stock....but he uses it for hunting...so it would need a small lift. so, i want to see if he would make a trade with me.

ours=
01 sport ~75k miles, D35, 3" kit, 31" BFG's. clean.

his=
98 sport ~100k, possible 8.25, 4" RC kit[composed of 2" springs, and 2" spacers/blocks], 31 or 31 cheap mudder's, stained aluminum wheels, stereo, roof rack w/ baja lights, homemade light gaurd bar between plastic endcaps on front bumper, and 2 baja lights mounted under it.

his wife wants something shorter, he doesnt like the loud mt's that stick out past the fenders and sling mud all over it.
i want a bigger xj. obviously the rear springs would have to be replaced to deleted the blocks, and i would probably sell the tires and wheels for some cragars or something and some maxxis bighorns.

even trade? if not, what would the difference be?

i would say hang on to yours and put the little bit of cash into it to make it where you want to be.

the value of knowing your own vehicles reliability and problems is worth more than getting the little bit of extras his has

IMO

Why would you go 3 years older, 25K more miles for an extra 1" of lift which is only spacers anyway. The roof rack, Baja lights and cheap mud tires on cheap steelies can't be that appealing.
unless of course you have a head on it's way out.....:eyes:

the main thing im looking at is the axle and no gayyyyyyy freaking winter road rust from being a rental in minnesota.
:skull1::skull1::skull1::skull1::skull1::hang:
gosh i hate it.

91Woody said:
Why would you go 3 years older, 25K more miles for an extra 1" of lift which is only spacers anyway. The roof rack, Baja lights and cheap mud tires on cheap steelies can't be that appealing.
unless of course you have a head on it's way out.....:eyes:

X2

8.25s are a dime a dozen.....

Back