• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper

other than being a little bulky and a little loss of entry angle it doesn't look to bad to me, I am also interested why its scary!

probably gonna have to do with the clevis mounting tabs. they dont directly line up with the frame supports. I have never had a problem with my front tow point and it is no where near as strong as this even.

If you're looking to put a winch on it, how do you do it? Drill holes on the top plate of the bumper? Or cut a rectangle out and weld in the winch plate that supposedly comes with it? Keep that in mind if you are looking to mount a winch to it.

Tommy4949 said:
If you're looking to put a winch on it, how do you do it? Drill holes on the top plate of the bumper? Or cut a rectangle out and weld in the winch plate that supposedly comes with it? Keep that in mind if you are looking to mount a winch to it.

This bumper is designed so that if you do not want a winch, you are fine. If you do want to use a winch, you use the plate that comes with it.

Tommy4949 said:
I see what your saying.... good ? I think I would just weld the plate on and drill through both plate and bumper. And I dont think it looks to bulky when its on a rig.

Last edited:
Chris @ GATR said:
When I get it installed on Monday, I am thinking of tapering the ends up towards the fenders to about 3" deep instead of the current 6".

Apperance-wise that would help a lot. It looks plenty stout, though.

Last edited:
Nothing like buying a bumper from an electronics store. When it comes to a winch bumper I would go with a known builder/brand with a proven track record.

Ok, I got my bumper installed today. Overall, the quality is VERY good. I will be tapering the ends a little more with a plasma and some plate, but other than that, it's perfect for me.

DSC04172.jpg

DSC04173.jpg

DSC04174.jpg

Back