• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny problems

foxwar71

NAXJA Forum User
i got my new to me 99 XJ about 2 weeks ago and in the last few days the engine light has popped up and its been some tranny codes:

-No BUS message recieved
-No Transmission singal recieved
-Transmission message error

the odometer and overhead levels all still work fine and such. the light will either go off or ill clear it and itll stay off for a little. it doenst seem to turn on at a certian thing, just randomly. the fluid is full and not red but not burnt, bout right in the middle. the jeep has 85k on it, 8in lift, 35's, 4.56's, sye and shaft,etc, etc...i was thinkin the tranny might be gettin overworked so i plan on a full flush and adding an aux cooler to it. also, does it matter where i add that in (which line)?

Check, clean, inspect all wires plugs, etc., running to the trany and I don't care if the contacts are gold and blessed by the Pope himself clean them.
God I'm geten bitchy in my old age.

Last edited:
You don't have a tranny mechanical problem - those errors mean the engine computer is having problems talking to the tranny which is usually a wiring or dirty connector problem. Do a search on the "no bus" error and you'll find some info. Also don't let a transmission place do a power flush as that's been known to kill trannys more than help them.

Back