• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EZ-Locker Vs LockRight NOSLIP

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
which is better (assuming they function the same)? wut are some of the things i would have to watch out for with these lockers on a daily driver, such as whare and tear with the ratcheting teeth?

I have an ez locker up front and really never noticed it until I started driving on the ice. Now I hate it on my daily driver. The entire time I lived in Texas though I loved it.

I have a noslip in the rear of my 8.25 its starting to wear out after about a year and a half it has about 30k to 50k miles on it when I go around corners it loads and unloads swaking the tires and while driving down the road the locker wants to pull the vehicle to the right. if it is on a daily driver and you are going to put alot of miles on it I would get a selectable. also on Ice it is horrible especally with aggresive mud tires like I pull out of the driveway and put it in drive it will just sit and spin both rear tires and not even move.

NSW Sparky said:
I have a noslip in the rear of my 8.25 its starting to wear out after about a year and a half it has about 30k to 50k miles on it when I go around corners it loads and unloads swaking the tires and while driving down the road the locker wants to pull the vehicle to the right. if it is on a daily driver and you are going to put alot of miles on it I would get a selectable. also on Ice it is horrible especally with aggresive mud tires like I pull out of the driveway and put it in drive it will just sit and spin both rear tires and not even move.
ohh man...that sux so not good for a dd. :(

I have a Detroit Locker in my 8.25 and an Aussie in my d-30. My XJs on 35s w/ 4.56s. I drive 35k-40k a year, and 1/2 those miles are pulling a heavy mid sized trailer.
The front you wont notice on the street with a vacuum disconnect front end, if you dont have a vacuum disco then get a selectable in the front.
The rear Detroit is a great locker. Mine been in the Jeep for 4 years now. You hardly notice its there unless you really get on it around a corner, then the inside tire will chirp. It does occasionally pull the Jeep sideways when it engages/disengages, but nothing dermatic. You just have to learn to drive a little different with it. My only complaint w/ my Detroit in my case is when pulling the trailer trying to merge into traffic it is sometimes hard to pull out from a stop into a busy street, simply because you have to give it a little more gas, and it loves to spin those 35s in this situation.
Im also really hard on my junk, and Ive only have an issue with the Detroit once. I sheered a shaft and it took out 1 side of the locker, but I was still able to drive 150 mi home at 70mph.

Personally Id go with a noslip in the rear and a selectable in the front if you can afford it or a lunch box if your penny pinching.

Back