• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yukon vs. alloy usa shafts

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
just bought some yukon alloy shafts for my D30 but now am kind of having second thoughts. After a little more research it seems as though more people have had problems w/ their yukon shafts then with alloy usa. Is there a major strength difference between the two...is alloy usa really better?

lowrange2 said:
I've supposedly got a lifetime warranty on the yukons. Though, that's through the dealer.

guy I bought mine through off pirate told me they had a lifetime as well. Not really too worried about that though, I bought them so they wouldnt break. If they break and I have to send them in it kind of defeats the purpose...maybe I should send em back and get alloy usa...?

So I messaged PORC for a quote for some alloy USA shafts and they told me alloy USA hasn't had the shafts for 7 months and wont anytime soon. Also said that Alloy USA and Yukon shafts are the same shafts from the same manufacturer in India...wonder how true that is?...never had hear that before.

Just food for thought...I read this months Issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel & Off Road. Mopar is selling their front and rear Dana 44 Rubicon complete axles including the disc brakes And electric lockers for $1400.00 per axle....WOW!! And with an aftermarket bracket kit it will fit on the XJ no problem.

Back