• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear End ???

kenny811

NAXJA Forum User
Im ready to up grade rear ends in my rig. D44 is my first choise I just need to find one. 8.8 is second, is there a site that covers the install kit? (pertch's & shock mounts). Cash isnt a problem finding the right rear end is....

Thanks
Kenny

look for an early bronco or f100 9". Better axle and a lot closer to the right wheel mounting distance than the 8.8. I looked for an 8.8 for a while and could not find a good one, saw the 9 and went with it instead.

wolfpackjeeper said:
look for an early bronco or f100 9". Better axle and a lot closer to the right wheel mounting distance than the 8.8. I looked for an 8.8 for a while and could not find a good one, saw the 9 and went with it instead.

BTW, A Ford 9" will not have the right wheel lug pattern to match you front D30.

Get the XJ D44.

no it will not, however in the same yard I pulled the shafts out of a big bearing torino rear and they do. XJ 44's are scarce/overpriced in most areas. That is why the 8.8/9 swap is becoming more common. I have never seen one in the pull-a-part around here, and the ones for sale generally go for 500bucks. I got my 9 on half price day, it was stuffed with 373 gears. It has a mounting distance of around 61". And even after I buy spring perches, shock mounts, and regear I will not have more than 500 in it.

how much is cash not an issue? looking over my d44 build sheet, id glaldly pay a couple hundred extra for a currie built 9" next time... and cash IS AN ISSUE with me...

of course, i say 9" because its popular in desert racing, what are you doing with your rig, is this gonna be stage 2 or last through stages 2-3?

Back