• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Receiver/Drier removal - How?

ZX2Slow

NAXJA Forum User
Long time lukrker, first time poster here.

I have a 98 xj, the compressor died on me, and vented all the r-134a and oil into the engine bay. I got a replacement compressor and have swapped that out but I cannot get the drier unhooked from the hard line that goes into the firewall.

Should I just tug harder or is there some kind of tool needed to seperate them?

No special tools needed to seperate them, I had a real hard time taking my old dryer off, wound up taking the line off the other side and putting it in a vice to get it to come off. I hope this made some sense.

A asked the local jeep guru, you do need special tools, it's like $10 for a set of spring joint disconnect. Theres a round spring that goes around the edge of the lip and has to be pushed against the side. Took 10sec after I got the tool to do it.

Anyhoo thanks for your help.

ZX2 can you post a pic of the tool? I have a tool but can't get it to work and don't want to force it. thanks

Back