• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC 6.5" lift

obx-xj

NAXJA Forum User
Alright I know there has been a lot of discussion about RC on this board. I am between their lift and the RE 4.5". I would really like to get 35's on my rig with minimal trimming. However before making a final descision I just wanted to get a little feedback. Thanks for the help.

35"s are great and everything but to wheel it and not be worried it takes alot of work. With either lift you are gonna have to trim there is no way around it. 4.5 takes alot of trimming but 5.5 or 6.5 will take noticably less. Once you are lifted then axle strength, steering, gears, etc... have to be addressed. Thats where the big money starts coming in. Can you survive without them yes, is it a night and day difference when it is done right? You bet. 33's on stock axles isn't bad but you will find people that break them. My recommedation is the RE 4.5 with 32's or 33's and by the time you run through those tires you will have built everything up around it so that you can run 35's without worries. Just my.02

I am already planning on regearing so that is not an issue. And some trimming has already been done for my current lift to fit 32's. I am trying to do this right this time. But I don't want to be left wanting bigger tires or a bigger lift when I finish.

Believe me you'll always be wanting to go bigger and bigger. But definitely if you are going to wheel with any degree of difficulty on 35's you should definitely looking into axle upgrades. You could probably get by with a 44 in the rear if you upgrade shafts in both axles, but i would definitely suggest going larger. 44/9", 44's front and rear, and whatnot.

Back