• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alloy axle questions

traitor5150

NAXJA Forum User
Im Kinda stuck in a corner here. I orderd axle shafts, Superior evolution series for my new cut down hpd44 build im finishing up. Well I got the inners but the chevy outers I need are not in pruduction and im looking at at least 1.5 months and it's not a 100% if they will even have them by then. I could put it together with some spicer 760 u joints and the stock outers for now and run it but is it worth the risk if I blow the ears off the outer and it messes up the ears on my new inners? Or should i mix them up and get warn outers. Im not a Big fan of yukon or alloy usa because they arent thought hardened and there not USA castings there overseas. If i grind my stock outers to take full c clips and run non greas 760's whats more likely to go the ears or the shaft itself in the hub??

I just dont think Yukon and Alloy USA should be used in the same sentence... Yeah their overseas castings.. but their warranty is top notch and I read somewhere something to the effect that of the 30,xxx 44 shafts they've produced there's only been a handfull of breakages...

Back