• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I need anything else with this lift

solditforajeep

NAXJA Forum User
K just did some searching but want some more opinions. 98 xj, I did a rough country 2" add a leaf. Im gonna run 30's, so I know this isnt necessary but im thinking about getting the teraflex bb kit shackles and spacers. I was going to just do spacers but then id be back to the sagged rear end look again. If so is there anything I need or should buy before hand, or am I just going to have to measure after for rear shocks, relocating break lines, and shims?

First thing is first, I would go red...
Then forget about making two crap lifts one decent lift. Just get the RC 4.5 with a AAL (I recomend the full pack) but if you are on a budget, yadda yadda yadda, if you are a member then Jason can get you a Discount. I think it's 10% off. But you gotta pony up them Naxja fees before you start jerry riggin' up your rig, membership has it's privlages. Mine has paid for itself.

I have a 3" AAL lift on my XJ that hasn't sagged in just under 2 years. I added some 1.75" spacers and 1.5" shackles and I am riding fine. My rig is a 91 though; with yours being a 98 you have a different tail cone set-up on your transfer case. You have a boot where I have metal cone (on a metal cone). It is my understanding this tends to allow for vibrations at lower lifts (around 3 to 3.5"). I am at 4.5"" with no vibes. If you started with a negative spring pack (I did not), then you are likely to sag faster. If you started with a good spring pack you should be good to go for a while and have time to save up for a lift that includes full springs.

And just a warning, as soon as you put more lift on you are going to want bigger tires! :clap:

Back