• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nss Problem! blew fuse somewhere trying to jumper

adirondackxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I have a 1997 xj auto and seeing all the writeups about cleaning the nss i decided to try it myself because of the reverse lights not working anylonger.
I didn't realize that i could adjust it, but who's to say that would have done the trick anyways.
So in trying to get the old switch out it broke.
Now the car wouldn't start and i would be S.O.l !
So i tried a jumper on the nss feed connector and apparently blew out the ignition/run wire, so that when i purchased the new nss it still wouldn't run.
I was told to try and run 12v to the bl/wh wire on the connector to see if it would run. It did! So now i am left with tring to locate where i blew the connection apart.
I already found one inline fuse near the power distribution center so thats where i spliced a 12v lead so it would continue to run. BUt that wasn't obviously the area of the blow out. I have tested all the fuses in the power distribution and the fuse panel in the vehicle.
I was told there is another inline fuse on the left side of the engine compartment but could not locate. Also i was told that the pcm supplies the 12v lead to this which it doesn't have without my 12v splice in place.
If anyone has any idea, please let me know so i can set this straight again.
Thanks,:roll:

Back