• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Wiring Upgrade Short...

EMSJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
One day my headlamps stopped working after sitting in a parking lot for 3 hours. Upon further inspection I was able to isolate the problem to the aftermarket portion of the harness. I blew the 10AMP fuses inside for the Right Low and Right High beams but not the 20 AMP fuse on the harness. The lights continued to work when powered by the alternating headlight unit. The whole setup works fine on the stock harness only with the fuses replaced. I cant find any physical damage to the harness, this shoul be easy...I was thinking maybe a relay failed and grounded? anyone ever have a problem with one of these things....I also blew the passenger side bulb a couple of days prior to this incident. Where to look and test next? Also, I can't remember where I go this harness, who are the major manufacturers?

If worst comes to worst and you need a new loom. GoJeep's site has a great walkthrough on making your own high output headlight loom. It seems fairly simple just using bigger relays, fuses, 10awg wiring, and upgraded plug for the lights. I'm planning on it once it warms up some. Good Luck

bigoffroad sells them too.

Back