• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interco SS M-16

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody seen these close up yet. Kind of an interesting looking tire.

http://www.intercotire.com/site111.php

661.jpg

660.jpg

sizes seem limited unless you have big rims. i believe they are geared towards the full size street trucks that want to look good

I wonder if that is the tire that is supposed to replace the thornbird. It looks like it will do better than the thornbird (but then again, what wouldn't). I guess we'll just have to wait and see how they do.

Chris

Looks like the perfect tire for the jacked up fords and such with big chrome rims and don't see a bit of dirt.

I figured it was geared toward thw big diesel truck guys. Maybe to compete with the Cepek Crushers

I have never seen a thorn bird in action or anywere for that matter but can someone please explain to me why there so bad. and please dont just say THEY SUCK or something stupid like that.

I ran some used thornbirds for about a year and had no problems with them. Others complained that they would throw a side lug and throw off the tire ballance. I ran airsoft pellets in them so the reballanced every time I started moving.

Overdriven said:
I ran some used thornbirds for about a year and had no problems with them. Others complained that they would throw a side lug and throw off the tire ballance. I ran airsoft pellets in them so the reballanced every time I started moving.
air soft eh ? never heard of that . please explain

Do a search, lots of info on it here. I ran about 7oz of airsoft in my 33" thornbirds and I didn't ever balance the wheels. The Airsoft would find the light spots in the tire and balance out the tires. Worked very well. Been running them in 3 sets of tires for the last 4 years.

did you actually measure the weight or just kinda eyeball it. I'd been wondering what to use....I suppose I should just break down and search before I get flamed to a crisp...lol

Only diameters I saw for these tires so far were 37's with HUGE wheels
Interco just came out with the Vortrac too, their getting creative I guess.

someone else on here referred to those as a baby bogger. i see absolutely no comparison because the original boggers don't have sipes or the jug in the center.

Back