• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignition Coil

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
i have a problem, when i am stuck on the traffic for more than an hour the chero just stall and what i do its wait to cool down the engine bay by opening it (i dont have overheating problems) its this a coil problem, its a 99

its hard to imagine the coil being affected by the things you described since its an electrical part. sounds like its overheating and affecting something else.

It's going to be pretty hard to pin down if it doesn't set a diagnostic code. Most electrical or electronic failures should. You might even be able to test this theory by disconnecting suspect devices and seeing if they do throw a code. I don't know on a 99 whether or not all codes will set the check engine light, but it might be worthwhile getting an OBDII reader on yours to see if there's anything there.

If possible, you should find out if when it dies, you have a spark. This would help narrow things down. Many electronic components can fail when they get hot, and so can some wiring junctions, and it can be very difficult to track down. The coil is certainly one possibility but it isn't the only one.

Get a can of freeze spray it's made to cool parts down quickly. I would start fuel pressure first though. Low fuel pressure can allow vapor lock.

The IAC will act up when it gets hot (or vice versa) mess up when it's cold and work when It's hot.
The resistance values change on the CPS when it gets hot.
Like the man said a lot of things, can cause problems when hot.

Back