• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new front axle

DrSockMonkey

NAXJA Forum User
2001 Dodge dana 60
1q5n5w.jpg

It's not a hp kingpin ford but it's complete for $250:laugh3:

That thing is huge!!! And that's going on your XJ?

I think I read in your other thread a guy said about 63" was that min of a 60. I'm sure you've done more research than I have, just something to look into maybe.

I've read 60" many places. Haven't read different anywhere, however I know this means nothing :) It will be interesting how narrow I can make this since the CAD will limit how much I can trim on the long tube side. The othe option is to retube the long side and eliminate the CAD all together. I would like to avoid that if possible.

DrSockMonkey said:
Wheelbase is around 100-101" I think. WMS to WMS is 60"

Stock on a rear from what ive read is between 60 and 61

The rear dana 60 is now just over 60". I will get the front as close to that as I can. may need to run some H1 beadlocks :)

Credit to Michael for the H1 beadlock Idea.

Last edited:
Ba-Riedo said:
Wow im tarded. -Alex

What is it with these comments (Alex, not just you several other have done this recently also) you guys really sound insensitive, un-educated and just plain ignorant!! GROW UP!! (Sorry to pick on your Alex, as I said others have said this also recently)

I was under the impression that the WMS-WMS of the stock rear end was between 59" and 60" depending on the axle. The front is probably closer to 61" without looking up the actual specs.

The wheelbase is 101.3? or 101.5? something very close to that depending on the shims for alignment.

Sweet find Jeremy!!

Michael

2xtreme said:
What is it with these comments (Alex, not just you several other have done this recently also) you guys really sound insensitive, un-educated and just plain ignorant!! GROW UP!! (Sorry to pick on your Alex, as I said others have said this also recently)

I was under the impression that the WMS-WMS of the stock rear end was between 59" and 60" depending on the axle. The front is probably closer to 61" without looking up the actual specs.

The wheelbase is 101.3? or 101.5? something very close to that depending on the shims for alignment.

Sweet find Jeremy!!

Michael

Nobody is perfect Michael, you have had a few spelling errors in your posts recently.:wave1:

But for what its worth im in school trying to become less ignorant and also to become educated.:D

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
Nobody is perfect Michael, you have had a few spelling errors in your posts recently.:wave1:

But for what its worth im in school trying to become less ignorant and also to become educated.:D

-Alex
I think Michael was referring to your use of the term "retarded" as a detractor.

For the record, I think it's a 'tarded thing to get upset about, but to each his own. Where does the Post Police stop, though? Redneck? Ghey? Ghetto? All of these could be considered insensitive to the right person with an axe to grind.

Countdown to deletion, starting...NOW.

-----Matt-----

Back